Labour Market Analysis Methods
Prowadzący: Artur Gajdos
The training concentrates on the structuring and deepening of knowledge and skills in the rules and methods of labour market analysis, formulating hypotheses and their verification, sources of statistical data, conducting labour market analyses and research tools. All the elements of training concern practical aspects of labour market analysis.
The training is in the form of lectures and conversations with a direct participation of trainees, problem case study and practical excercises with the use software. The training is based on the rule of combining theoretical knowledge with practical skills of participants, which gives a chance to practice data analysis skills on real statistical data.
- Presentation of training and introduction of basic labour market analysis notions. Presentation of stages in research process (rules and methods of labour market analysis). Detailed presentation of formulating hypotheses and their verification.
- Sources of statistical data. Classification of data. Variables, measures and ratios in labour market analyses. Research tools. Acquiring secondary and primary data (restrictions).
- Practical use of statistical data analysis methods workshops. Practicing statistical data analysis with the use of a spreadsheet (descriptive statistics, synamics, structure, localisation, specialisation).
- Practical use of econometric data analysis methods with the use of statistical and econometric software – GRETL (trend, seasonal trend models, cause and effect model, qualitative variables model) workshops.
- Practical use of forecasting methods workshop. Forecasting longitudinal variables (naive methods, exponential smoothing, trend model based forecasting, cause and effect model based forecasting, forecasting errors).